NFC Tools is an app which allows you to read, write and program tasks on your NFC tags and other RFID compatible chips.
NFC Tools Pro Edition includes additional features such as profiles management and many others.
Save your tags or tasks profiles to reuse them later. Export and import easily.
NFC Tools Pro Edition allows you to import your records or tasks directly from an existing NFC tag.
You can edit your tag very quickly. Also you can run directly your tasks profile without NFC tags
And of course, other exclusive features will be coming.
All you need to do is get your device close to an NFC chip to read the data on it or execute tasks.
Simple and intuitive, NFC Tools can record standard information on your tags which will be compatible with any NFC device.
For instance, you can store a VCARD to share your contact details easily, open an URL, share a phone number or even a geolocation.
But the NFC Tools app goes further and allows you to program tasks on your NFC tags in order to automate actions that were once boringly repetitive.
Turn on the Bluetooth, set an alarm, control the volume, share a WiFi network configuration and so much more.
For example, a simple motion with your phone in front of your NFC tag before going to sleep and the WiFi will turn off, the phone will switch to silence and your alarm will be set for the next morning, all by itself.
Quite practical, isn’t it?
For the most tech-savvy of you, the geeks 🙂 preset variables, conditions and root tasks are also available so you can create more complex actions.
Make your life easier with more than 100 tasks available and infinite combinations.
The “Read” tab allows you to see data such as:
– the maker of the tag
– the type of tag (ex : Mifare Ultralight, NTAG213)
– the norm of the tag (ex : NFC Forum Type 2)
– the available technology (ex: NFC A)
– its serial number (ex : 04:85:c8:5a:40:2b:80)
– the size of the tag and of the data on it
– if you can write on the tag and if the tag can be locked as read only
– all the data on the tag (NDEF format)
The “Write” tab let you record standardised data such as:
– a simple text
– a link to a website, a video, a social profile or an app
– an email
– a contact
– a phone number
– a predefined text message
– an address or geolocation
– a WiFi or Bluetooth configuration
– personalised data.
The write function allows you to add as much data as you wish.
This way you can record large quantities of information on your tag.
Other features are available under the “Other” tab, such as copying, erasing and password protecting your NFC tag.
The tasks allowing you to automate your phone are under the “Tasks” tab and are categorised.
Here are a few examples of the available actions:
– activate/deactivate/toggle WiFi, Bluetooth, car mode
– configure a sound profile: silent/vibrate/normal
– change brightness
– set volumes levels (media, alarm, notification, ring volume)
– set a timer
– launch an app
– open an URL/URI
– send a text message or make a call
– read aloud a text with text to speech
– configure a WiFi network
– and much much more!
NFC Tools has been tested with the following NFC tags:
– NTAG 203, 210, 212, 213, 215, 216
– Topaz 512 (BCM512)
– Ultralight, Ultralight C
– MIFARE Classic 1k, 4k
– NFC compatible device needed
– App permissions are limited to the use of the NFC
– In order to execute tasks, you need the free app http://getapp.nfctasks.wakdev.com/
– You can buy me a coffee here http://getapp.donate.wakdev.com/
– Added advanced NFC commands
– Added a workaround for fix NDEF bug on Android 7.0
– Bug and translation fixes